Sign in to follow this  
night

Exile vehicle paint explodes?

Hey, so 2 players reported to me that when you open vehicle paint menu it does some boom and there is explosion and sometimes vehicle blows up. Any idea what can it be?
One of them replicated that multiple times on various vehicles.

Edited by night

On 10/18/2017 at 9:35 PM, night said:

Hey, so 2 players reported to me that when you open vehicle paint menu it does some boom and there is explosion and sometimes vehicle blows up. Any idea what can it be?
One of them replicated that multiple times on various vehicles.

Hey, sorry for the late response.

Is this for the preview vehicle?

No, It only happens when you >> scroll wheel >> paint....as soon as you enter the paint screen, an explosion occurs, your ears start ringing, in some cases there is a detonation area on the ground as if an explosive hit that spot.

On 10/30/2017 at 6:22 AM, night said:

No, It only happens when you >> scroll wheel >> paint....as soon as you enter the paint screen, an explosion occurs, your ears start ringing, in some cases there is a detonation area on the ground as if an explosive hit that spot.

Hmmmm, I'd have to see if for myself to be able to debug the issue.

This has happened to me twice now.  Once on a Mohawk and just now on an Ifrit.  The Mohawk exploded as soon as the image came into the preview pane.  The Ifrit exploded in the preview pane after I painted it and decided to change it.  In both instances there was the explosion mark on the ground and ringing ears.  I hope you fix this soon.

I honestly don't think this has anything to do with my paint script, it would be an arma issue / exile issue.

My script does not create the vehicle (Exiles model box does), only set the texture.

I create an agent, but it has no geometry or physical shape.

As for setting the position, i only set the position of the camera.

my script only:

• Asks Exile to create the vehicle, and disable it's simulation, set it's position, etc..
  • Set the position / angle of the camera (when you're moving it around)
  • Update the texture of the vehicle that Exile created.
  • Update the texture of the vehicle we selected to paint, and save it to the database (if it's in the database)

But, i'll see what i can do, some day.

7 hours ago, StokesMagee said:

But, i'll see what i can do, some day.

Thanks, guess that's all one can hope for.  Would be nice if you added in support for EBM while your at it.  :D

Can't the EBM objects be added to the .hpp file? all the other things to paint are in there. 

Edited by BigDad