Sign in to follow this  
wilderness

Bit of an issue with sm Paint

wilderness

@StokesMagee Hi there

So I seem to have a small issue with SM Paint, I set it up on the test server added the 46056 idd to infistar and it all works perfectly.

So I then ran the sql on my live server, updated the sql_custom_v2/exile.ini file, the same as I did on the test server, uploaded the changed infistar pbo, the tanoa.pbo and the sm_paint.pbo all from the correctly working test server, and this is the strange thing, the colour paint and hex paint work fine, but with the texture paint we see the part to be painted in the preview window but it won't apply any of the texture files (apart from the default part texture), it doesn't show a cost for texturing the part (0 poptabs) and won't apply it. I am at a total loss because these exact files work perfectly on our test server which is where possible a carbon copy of our live server, the only difference being is that the test server is on a box in my office, but the live server is hosted with gtx.

Even if it is infistar blocking something it shouldn't be blocking anything I do because I'm set up as a super admin on it, but I see the same as normal players.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on here, because I'm at a total loss, I'm pretty experienced at modding a server (two years), and installing this script was child's play compared to some of the stuff I've put on servers before now, so I just don't get what's causing this.

This is the first part of the cfg file:

class Textures
 {
  /*
   {"Name", Price, {"Layer 1","Layer 2","Layer 3"}}
   {"Name", Price, "Texture"}

Name = Name of the texture to be displayed.
   Price = Price of poptabs the texture cost.
   Texture = texture to be applied, will be listed on all layers.
   If you supply an array of textures, the textures will be added to the corresponding layer.
   To make it so the Texture does not show up on a layer, make it a empty string ( "" ):
   {"","Layer 2","Layer 3"}
  */
  All[]=
  {
   {"Blue Camo", 500, "SM\Paint\textures\camo01_co.paa"},
   {"green_yello_brown_camo", 500, "SM\Paint\textures\camo02_co.paa"},
   {"grey_camo", 500, "SM\Paint\textures\camo03_co.paa"},
   {"green_tribal_camo", 500, "SM\Paint\textures\camo04_co.paa"},
   {"shrek_puke", 500, "SM\Paint\textures\camo05_co.paa"},
   {"radioactive_puke", 500, "SM\Paint\textures\camo06_co.paa"},
   {"brown_green_black_camo", 500, "SM\Paint\textures\camo07_co.paa"},
   {"army_camo", 500, "SM\Paint\textures\camo08_co.paa"},
   {"jungle_camo", 500, "SM\Paint\textures\camo09_co.paa"}
  };

But I'm wondering if the path should infact be "textures\camo01_co.paa" and not "SM\Paint\textures\camo01_co.paa"

Screen Shots below:

20180316200352_1.jpg

20180316200411_1.jpg

StokesMagee
13 hours ago, wilderness said:

But I'm wondering if the path should infact be "textures\camo01_co.paa" and not "SM\Paint\textures\camo01_co.paa"

Yes, when i get home Sunday, i'm going to be updating Paint and TraderPlus, because there are some issues in them

13 hours ago, wilderness said:

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on here, because I'm at a total loss, I'm pretty experienced at modding a server (two years), and installing this script was child's play compared to some of the stuff I've put on servers before now, so I just don't get what's causing this.

Haha, I try to make it as easy as possible...

wilderness
Posted (edited)

Yes, when i get home Sunday, i'm going to be updating Paint and TraderPlus, because there are some issues in them

Super job that's good to hear, thank you, just a suggestion if your changing stuff, some of our players have made comments about not being able to see the whole trader UI if they are running smaller screen resolutions, I run 1920 x 1080 so it doesn't effect me but some of our players run much lower resolutions, just a thought.

Haha, I try to make it as easy as possible...

You do a good job, paint and traders are very easy to install, but I still don't get how it works perfectly on the test server but not the live server, welcome to arma :D

Edited by wilderness

StokesMagee
9 hours ago, wilderness said:

Super job that's good to hear, thank you, just a suggestion if your changing stuff, some of our players have made comments about not being able to see the whole trader UI if they are running smaller screen resolutions, I run 1920 x 1080 so it doesn't effect me but some of our players run much lower resolutions, just a thought.

tell them to stop being plebs

wilderness

tell them to stop being plebs

lol that's pretty much what I said (or words to that effect) and something along the lines of who the hell plays exile on a laptop :D

StokesMagee
On 3/16/2018 at 4:11 PM, wilderness said:

Actually no, this is correct it should be SM\Paint\Textures

wilderness
On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:55 AM, StokesMagee said:

Actually no, this is correct it should be SM\Paint\Textures

hmmm interesting, I'm at a total loss then as to why it works on the test server but not on the live server, it's only the texture application that's messed, the colour works fine.

wilderness

Ok just to add a bit more information to this after playing around a bit more with it on the live server, the texture painting works for vehicles just not base parts.

StokesMagee
2 hours ago, wilderness said:

Ok just to add a bit more information to this after playing around a bit more with it on the live server, the texture painting works for vehicles just not base parts.

Do they not save in the database or ?

wilderness

Do they not save in the database or ?

yep they are saving in the database, very strange indeed, after posting to here last night , I put a texture onto a taru which has been working fine all along on vehicles and it suddenly started letting me paint a texture onto base parts, other players have apparently been able to do it before now, but last night was the first time that I've been able to put textures on base parts since I uploaded to the live server, haven't changed anything since it was uploaded soooo yeah because arma I guess. :/

wilderness

Ah actually now I think about it, something has changed, I uploaded the latest version of infistar two days ago, and last night was the first time I got to play since the infi upload, V92 I think it is now, I wonder if that's what was messing it up? the old infi version?

badger520
15:44:38 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: [""yrhkycrx"",""updatePaint"",[""2:2778"",500,[""mpmissions\__cur_mp.tanoa\sm\paint\textures\camo06_co.paa""]]]"
15:44:51 No speaker given for 
15:45:07 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: [""yrhkycrx"",""updatePaint"",[""2:2783"",500,[""mpmissions\__cur_mp.tanoa\sm\paint\textures\camo06_co.paa""]]]"
15:45:11 No speaker given for 
15:45:19 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: [""yrhkycrx"",""updatePaint"",[""2:2783"",600,[""#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)""]]]"
15:45:52 No speaker given for 
15:45:59 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: [""yrhkycrx"",""updatePaint"",[""2:2782"",500,[""mpmissions\__cur_mp.tanoa\sm\paint\textures\camo06_co.paa""]]]"

badger520

keeping getting this message every time in RPT file every time I try to paint walls. color is not changing nor is it taking my tabs

StokesMagee
1 hour ago, badger520 said:
15:44:38 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: [""yrhkycrx"",""updatePaint"",[""2:2778"",500,[""mpmissions\__cur_mp.tanoa\sm\paint\textures\camo06_co.paa""]]]"
15:44:51 No speaker given for 
15:45:07 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: [""yrhkycrx"",""updatePaint"",[""2:2783"",500,[""mpmissions\__cur_mp.tanoa\sm\paint\textures\camo06_co.paa""]]]"
15:45:11 No speaker given for 
15:45:19 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: [""yrhkycrx"",""updatePaint"",[""2:2783"",600,[""#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)""]]]"
15:45:52 No speaker given for 
15:45:59 "ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: [""yrhkycrx"",""updatePaint"",[""2:2782"",500,[""mpmissions\__cur_mp.tanoa\sm\paint\textures\camo06_co.paa""]]]"

1 hour ago, badger520 said:

keeping getting this message every time in RPT file every time I try to paint walls. color is not changing nor is it taking my tabs

you're missing the CfgNetworkMessages.

BST-WOLF

Hi Stokes,  Just brought SM_Paint (looks awesome btw) and I'm getting a similar issue as the guy above......

ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Forbidden message name! Payload: [""qcdbcdkf"",""updatePaint"",[""2:337"",600, 
ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Parameter count mismatch! Payload: [""qcdbcdkf"",""upgradeConstructionRequest"",

When you say  "you're missing the CfgNetworkMessages" could you elaborate a little more please?

If I dont have a CfgNetworkMessages already do I add this to the mission config and define it in description.ext or do I move CfgNetworkMessages into the mission root?

Sorry if its a bit dumb question, been out of running servers for a couple of years and its a little late also :)

Oh and if you know what the other error is regarding upgrading construction I'll love you long time :D

BTW; remember when desolation redux first went live on Tanoa and you were tp'ing 2 guys around showing them shit and spawning a shit tonne of zeds on them, that was me :)

Thanks Stokes 

StokesMagee
1 hour ago, BST-WOLF said:

If I dont have a CfgNetworkMessages already do I add this to the mission config and define it in description.ext or do I move CfgNetworkMessages into the mission root?

yes

BST-WOLF
7 hours ago, StokesMagee said:

yes

Sorry,  yes to which option?

Adding CfgNetworkMessages inside mission config?

or

Adding CfgNetworkMessages to mission root?

StokesMagee
10 hours ago, BST-WOLF said:

Sorry,  yes to which option?

Adding CfgNetworkMessages inside mission config?

or

Adding CfgNetworkMessages to mission root?

don't matter where, config.cpp or description.ext just:

#include "CfgNetworkMessages.hpp"

BST-WOLF

cheers stokes, paint working as it should. Thank you. Now just gotta crack my last issue.

StokesMagee
1 hour ago, BST-WOLF said:

cheers stokes, paint working as it should. Thank you. Now just gotta crack my last issue.

that is?

BST-WOLF

Sorry, its not related to your script dude hence why i didnt mention it. I'm having a mare with upgradeConstructionRequest 

ExileServer - Network message dispatch failed: Parameter count mismatch! Payload: [""qcdbcdkf"",""upgradeConstructionRequest"",

Any time someone tries to upgrade a base part the server throws this error in the rpt. I understand whats happening to a certain extent (the payload - upgrade construction array doesnt match) but cant figure out how to resolve it. I've replaced exile_server, reinstalled exile client, wiped database etc, asked on forums but only 2 others have the issue with no fix found.

I'm starting to think its extdb3 related, possible overrides? but its got me stumpted :( 

BST-WOLF

One issue I am getting with SM_paint though is, yesterday I moved about 20 of the persistent vehicles on our test server (just re-positioned them) then proceed to test out SM_paint. After the server restart, of the 25 base parts I'd painted only 5 were actually still on the base, but all the vehicles I'd moved were now painted lol, any ideas?

Thanks in advance. 

ZovkTV

the 46056  IDD is not working Infistar is closing the Paint Menu Complete. 

StokesMagee
1 hour ago, ZovkTV said:

the 46056  IDD is not working Infistar is closing the Paint Menu Complete. 

Where did you get 46056? it's 420512